PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The minimum rental period is 24 hours. A 3 hours delay is
permitted. Further delay
is charged as an extra day.
Deliveries and returns at CHANIADAKIS SA or at the airport are free of charge, to any other location are charged additionally depending on the location.
Deliveries and returns after- hour (from 21.01 to 7.59) are subject to a 20 Euros fee.
Required documents for renting a car:
ID or passport
Driver’s minimum age is 21 years old
Driver should obtain the driving license for 3 years minimum in order to be fully covered by the insurance in any case of damage
Clients should choose among two different types of insurance in order to proceed with the reservation. They can either choose the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) or the Fully Damage Waiver (FDW).
The client must have either a debit card to give us as a security deposit or eight hundred (€ 900) Euros in cash. The security deposit will be returned to the client after the end of the rental, provided that everything is all right with the car’s condition.
The client has the right cancel his reservation 24 hours before the drop off date; otherwise a 10% penalty fee will be imposed.
Rules about the car :
Wear your seatbelt at all times
Talking on the phone is prohibited while driving
Place your child in a baby seat
Do not drink and drive ( alcohol maximum level 0.25g/l)
Never leave your personal belongings unattended in the car
Smoking is not allowed in the car
Park the car in a permitted parking area and be sure that it is safe
Do not sit in the seats with wet swimming suits
Pets are allowed and must be in travel crate at all times
In case of emergency contact the company and the insurance company
Emergency contact numbers
Emergency phone number ( Yiap rent a car ): 6943471185
Insurance company: number is indicated on the records in the glove compartment of the car
You can find all car related documents in the car’s glove compartment
A spare tire along with the safety and first aid kit will be found in the trunk of the car
Driving outside the Greek border, driving on bumpy roads, carrying heavy objects and general misuse of the car is prohibited.
Charges up to 98 euro are applicable for special cleaning on vehicles that will be returned with excessively dirty interior.
In case of an accident or damage to the vehicle, there is a no-refundable 30euro handling fee.
The client is fully responsible for any road traffic offenses and is liable to pay any debts to the competent authorities. Otherwise, the amount of the ticket will be charged plus the handling cost.
There is additional equipment such as baby seats, GPS/NAVIGATION systems, snow chains but all of these must be referred to the reservation in order to be provided on time.
The fuel deposit is calculated in eighths. The vehicle should be returned with the same amount of fuel delivered. There is no refund in case of extra fuel.
The contract that the driver will receive on the delivery, contains among others most of the above terms
CAR RENTAL AGGREEMENT - TERMS & CONDITIONS
Whereas with this present agreement the Lessor Company CHANIADAKIS SA, for its own benefit and
purposes, hereby rents to the
“Renter” the vehicle, as described herein (including any replacement
vehicle) subject to the herein below terms & conditions as well as
those included on the Car Rental Agreement Document signed by
Renter, which the Renter fully accepts in their entirety expressly un-
conditionally and unreservedly.
1.A. AGE REQUIREMENT: For groups A, B, and C drivers must be over 21 years of age. For any other vehicle group, min age of the driver must be 23.
1.B. DRIVING LICENSE: A valid driving license held for at least one year is required from the driver. The driving license can be issued from Greece, the European Union or the driver can hold a valid International Driving Permit (IDP).
2.Α. PAYMENT METHOD: For all groups a valid Credit Card accepted by CHANIADAKIS SA must be shown for the pre-authorization of the renter's liability as well as the settlement of final rental charges (for non prepaid reservations).
2.Β. DEPOSIT MINIMUM RENTAL: Rental is one day (24 hours). For over half an hour in excess, the Renter is charged with an additional daily rate.
3. DEPOSIT FOR GUARANTEE: Upon pick up of the vehicle, CHANIADA- KIS SA will preauthorize an amount from the driver's credit card as a deposit for guarantee which will be fully refunded at the end of the rental, provided no other charges arise.(minimum rental guarantee fee 150 euros).Please note that the refund can take up to 12-14 days, depending on the issuing bank of the credit card. The amount of the deposit varies according to the car group, these are written in the of- ficial Lessor’s price-list.
4. DELIVERY AND RECEIPT: Renter received vehicle, which he exam- ined and found to his complete satisfaction, in perfect condition & ap- propriate to the purpose he rents it. Renter must return vehicle and all documents, tools & accessories that accompany it to the Lessor in the same condition he received it at the location and on the date desig- nated in this agreement. Otherwise, and upon expiration of the Rental period, Renter will be obliged to pay to the Lessor the normal rental charge plus expenses for any loss or damage. The Lessor reserves the right to gain repossession and use of vehicle at any time without notice and without Renter’s consent, but at Renter's expense from wherever and by any means if at the discretion of the Lessor there is danger or damage or loss of Vehicle as well as risk of not receiving the rental charge or any other due compensation. The Lessor has the right beside the above mentioned case to gain repossession and use of Vehicle if it has been used in violation of this agreement or of designated Rental period.
6. CHARGES Renter shall pay to the Lessor at the termination of the rental period, unless otherwise agreed, the following sums a. The daily fixed rental fee for the entire rental period b. The charges that corre- spond to the mileage covered by the vehicle with period unless other- wise agreed, based on the unit price per kilometer, as designated in the official Lessor's price-list (tariff). The number of the covered kilo- meters is computed according to the indications of the kilometer counter at the beginning and at the end of the rental period. In case the kilometer counter does not function, the charge is based on the number of kilometers between distances covered by Renter with Ve- hicle c. All charges concerning refueling of Vehicle, in case It is not re- turned in the same level as it was, the time when the Vehicle was de- livered to the Renter, the «Theft Protection» (TPC), the «Collision Damage Waiver» (CDW), the «Personal Accident Insurance» (PAI), the «Full Damage Waiver» (FDW) and any other charge provided by the terms of this agreement or by the official price-list (tariff). Renter agrees and accepts that in case at the end of the rental period he does not return Vehicle to the Lessor with the same level of fuel, as it was, the time when the Vehicle was delivered to the Renter, then he will be additionally charged with the «Refueling Service Charge» as such fee is determined In the official Lessor's price-list (tariff), d. Any taxes du- ties & other expenses related to the rental of Vehicle e. Any Lessors costs, including attorney’s fees & default interest incurred in collecting any kind of payments due to this rental or related to the repossession of Vehicle by the Lessor, f. Any fines, penalties, court costs and other expenses, imposed or to be imposed on Lessor's due to the illegal use of Vehicle by Renter. In this later case Renter or additional driver, men- tioned on the front side of this agreement, shall continue to be respon- sible for any illegal acts. g. Any amount necessary tor replacement or repairing of destroyed tires or wheels or any sums for restoring dam- ages on the lower part of Vehicle, for repairing any other damage and also for compensating due to loss of Vehicle, unless the respective waivers have been accepted and their terms have been applied.(article 5). h. The additional charge for delivering or returning of Vehicle and also the charge for its return to a location different from the one des- ignated on the front side of this agreement without Lessor’s written consent, such charge being determined to the official Lessor’s price- list (tariff). I. The additional «Airport Service Charge» in case Renter rented Vehicle at a Lessor’s branch located in an airport. Renter agrees and accepts: 1. Granted discounts will be recalled, If settlement of Les- sor’s account is not made within the set limits. 2. All charges are sub- ject to final audit by the Lessor, & the Renter accepts them fully in their entirety with this agreements.
8. EXTENSION OF RENTAL PERIOD: If Renter wishes to prolong the rental period of Vehicle, he has to notify to the Lessor in writing at least twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the period to receive the re- spective written approval. If he fails to do so he will have both civil and penal liability for illegal use and possession of Vehicle. In case of ex- tension of rental Renter shall be bound by the terms and conditions both of the initial agreement and the rental extension agreement, whether concerning the Vehicle or any replacements thereof.
9. INDEMNITY: Renter expressly agrees that Lessor is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by Renter or third parties during the rental period and no claim will be raised against Lessor for the above reason.
10. ACCIDENTS: in case of any accident or any other incident (fire, theft, etc), Renter or the additional drivers) are obliged to immediately do the following: a. Not acknowledge liability or guilt and claims of third parties in any way, direct or indirect, b. Note the names and the addresses of eye witnesses and also the name & the address of the driver & the data of the vehicle, with which Vehicle may have collided, e. Notify the Police to investigate the liability of the third party and provide care to any injurers. d. Contact with the Lessor immediately by phone or other means (fax etc), e. Obtain the relevant information from any third party. 1. Photograph the location of the accident & the vehicles participating in the accident, if possible. Renter must com- plete and sign an accident/theft report latest within twenty-four (24) hours at the nearest Lessor's branch and send any relevant documents or Information to the Lessor. In case of theft or loss of Vehicle Renter must report the incident in writting at the nearest police department within twenty-four (24) hours.
11. INSURANCES: a. Lessor provides Renter and any additional driver with insurance coverage by insurance companies of Its choice for death or injuries of third parties, passengers or not, of Vehicle (the Ve- hicle driver is excluded) to the total maximum amount of Euros 1.220.000 and for material damages of third parties except Lessor’s vehicle causal on objects inside or on vehicle to the total maximum amount of Euros 1,220 000 provided that they do not violate any term of this agreement, b. Lessor provides insurance coverage against third parties only to those persons who use Vehicle with its permission, by an Insurance policy, the terms of which are available for examination. c. Renter, additional authorized drivers and all other passengers of the Vehicle are not covered by «Personal Accident Insurance» (PAI) as such term is determined in the official Lessor’s price-list (tariff), unless Renter accepts «Personal Accident Insurance» at the beginning of rental by initiating in «Accept» box on the front side of this agree- ment, this accepting the coverage provided by Lessor’s Insurance pol- icy for personal accidents, as mentioned in the official price-list & pay- ing the respective daily charge, d. Luggage is not covered by insurance and Renter is responsible for any loss or damage of property belonging to him or not. Lessor holds no responsibility for any such loss, damage etc. at the time of rental or after the return of Vehicle to the Lessor.
12. MISCELLANEOUS a. Vehicle is always property of the Lessor com- pany. This is an agreement of Rental only. Renter is not Lessor’s agent in any way & in case. Renter acknowledges that he acquires no rights other than those stated in this agreement, b. During the rental all ad- ditional drivers are jointly and severally liable with the Renter, c. Like- wise in case that this agreement Is signed by any representative of the Renter, he would be jointly and severally responsible with the Renter, d. This agreement supersedes any other prior or verbal agreement be- tween the Lessor and Renter, e. The Lessor cannot waive any of its rights deriving from the law and the agreement, f. Any alteration of the terms of this agreement is not valid if it is not agreed In writing, g. Renter agrees and accepts that all above-mentioned terms are valid both in case of the initial agreement with the Lessor and in any case of extension of this time of the rental and/or replacement of the Vehicle by another, h. in case there is difference between the copies end the original of this agreement the original possessed by the Lessor always supersedes. i. The contracting parties acknowledge and accept that all terms of this agreement are substantial & fundamental from the pur- pose hereof.
13. JURISDICTION This agreement is governed by Greek Legislation and any dispute between the Lessor company and the Renter arising from this agreement shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the ATHENS courts.
The minimum rental period is 24 hours. A 3 hours delay is permitted. Further delay is charged with the fee of an extra day.
Driver's Age and Driving License
The driver’s minimum age is 21 years and maximum is 70 years. Driving license should be issued at least one year before the rental date. If the driver is not a resident of the European Union, it is required for him to have an international driving license so that he can lawfully drive to Greece.
Receiving and Returning a Vehicle
Deliveries/Returns at CHANIADAKIS SA central office or at the Athens International Airport are free of charge. Deliveries/Returns of vehicles to a location other than the above are charged additionally depending on the location. After hour (from 21:01 to 07:59) Deliveries/Returns are subject to € 20 fee.
Insurance & Amounts of Liability
Third Party Insurance: This type of insurance provides cover for third party deaths & injuries up to € 1.250.000 and third party damages up to € 1.250.000 - except the vehicle of CHANIADAKIS SA itself.
Basic Accident Insurance (CDW): This insurance limits the damage liability amount from € 930 to € 1.860, depending on the vehicle category. This insurance does not cover bottom damage, rims, tires, mirrors, antenna, crystals and car’s interior.
Premium Accident Insurance (PDW): This insurance is available with an extra charge per day. It significantly reduces the amount of liability for damage to the vehicle. Amounts are reduced from € 930 to € 300, from € 1.302 to € 500, from € 1.860 to € 950, always depending on the vehicle category. No bottom damage, rims, tires, mirrors, antenna, crystals and car’s interior are covered.
Theft security (TW): Theft security is included. The amount of liability for theft or damage from attempted theft, varies from € 930 to € 1.860 depending on the vehicle’s category. The driver is not covered in case of theft of all or part of the car which is caused by his negligence (eg. if he left the car unlocked or left the key on the start switch).
NO insurance coverage applicable:
• when transporting the vehicle by ship
• if the driver is found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• for damage caused by driving on unpaved roads
• when the driver does not respect the road traffic code
• for damage to the bottom, rims, tires, mirrors, antenna, crystals and interior of the vehicle
• for loss of personal belongings inside the vehicle
• for accidents caused by a driver not registered in the lease
• for loss or destruction of a vehicle key
• for losing or destroying Navi GPS devices, child seats, snow chains or other additional equipment
The cost of loss for the whole car or for parts of it is paid even if the tenant is covered by insurance from his credit card or third party insurance service. In this case, the tenant is obliged to pay to CHANIADAKIS SA the entire cost of repairing or replacing the car, which he will subsequently claim from his credit card or other insurance provider.
IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT, THE CUSTOMER MUST UNDERSTAND THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLETE THE ACCIDENT DECLARATION UNDER ARTICLE K70 OF THE HELLENIC LEGISLATION.
In every car rental, only the declared driver is covered by the above insurances. In the event that other drivers are to drive the rented vehicle, a lease contract must be declared at the start of the rental. Required documents are an ID card or passport and the driving license. Additional driver service is not charged per day.
Children's seats, snow chains, GPS/Navi systems and others, are available upon request at a charge per day. This equipment must have been asked to the reservation.
The fuel is calculated at eighths. The vehicle should be returned with the same amount of fuel delivered. There is no refund in case of extra fuel.
Driving outside the Greek border, driving on dirt or unpaved roads, carrying heavy objects, smoking and misuse in general is prohibited. Charges up to € 98 are applicable for special cleaning on vehicles that will be returned with excessively dirty interior (eg. stains from food, coffee, etc.) indicating misuse.
In case of an accident or damage to the vehicle, there is a non-refundable charge of € 30.
The tenant assumes full responsibility for any road traffic offenses and is liable to pay any debts to the competent authorities. Otherwise, the amount of the violation will be charged plus the amount referred to as "Management Expenses".
Payment Methods & Transaction Security
The rent can be paid in one of the following ways, always on car delivery:
• with credit, debit and prepaid cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Diners)
In order to rent a vehicle, a credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express) is required, even if the payment is made in cash. The rental office has the right to block the amount of liability for damage until the end of the rental.
The contract which the client will receive contains among others, the above terms and conditions.